Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Favorite place

My favorite place now would be Seaside Florida. The last time I had a class similar to this one, I chose a favorite place that I had not been to but would like to visit. This time around I wanted to be sentimental and chose somewhere that had aspects of what I loved about St. Barthélemy but also had some personal ties to it.

My family always took a vacation to Seaside Florida once every year during the summer. We stopped going all together whenever my sister graduated college about 5 years ago. It was too much of a struggle between her new job and me starting classes in the fall to get everyone together to get away if even for just a week. The beach has always been a place of solitude for me. While many people like water sports or sand volleyball, my time at the beach is spent detoxing. I would wake up in the morning and run on the beach (running in sand is a fun challenge haha) and the rest of the day I would sit on the shore tanning and reading a good book.

I miss the relaxation for sure but most of all, Seaside is my favorite place because of the memories that are attached to it. My parents, my sister and I would go during the Fourth of July weekend and so we would sit in the big town square and listen to blue grass music play right before the firework display over the ocean. It was beautiful and getting to spend quality time with my family are some of the things that makes this place deeply rooted in my heart.


3 comments:

  1. Agreed, Savannah: I am a total believer in beach detoxing... or any kind of outdoor detoxing. Sunning, snoozing, reading: they are all so soothing!

    Is that a picture of Seaside Florida itself, or a place that looks like it? Including the image info is good so that we can know what we are seeing. Whether it is the actual Seaside or just a look-alike, it sure looks like a lovely place to be!

    Oh: coincidence! Somebody else just posted about Seaside Florida: small world! It's Tim: Favorite Place....Seaside

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know so many people who love Seaside and I always see people wearing T-shirts from there. It makes me jealous! I would love to go. It seems like a great spring break destination so I might be able to convince my friends to go there some time. I have been to Florida, I went to Miami and to the keys and it was a great time. The beach is very relaxing and this seems like a more calm approach rather than the busy life of Miami.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! That was a cute little story. I particularly enjoyed the suspense. I really didn’t now what to expect for the cock and the dog as they were heading out. It’s a big bad world out there! I liked how you really made the dog and the cock into a good and faithful team, and that they were able to play off of each other’s strengths.

    ReplyDelete